Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011

Ajajaja Coco Jambo ajajaha! - Iron Chef Challenge #3



Hi Mofoers!

This week's challenge was so much fun -again. Even though I really love my all German theme for this year's MoFo I am glad to take a break and use absolutely non German products - such as coconut, bananas and mangos. Usually I prefer locally grown stuff but sometimes I am craving for subtropical fruits, there are lots of climate and environmental related reasons that prevent me from buying them too often, but sometimes I just cannot resist, at least this happens for about 2 times a month which is in fact not very often.
Today's cake is quite easy to make, doesn't take too long and does not require a long resting time - so it seems like an emergency plan for unexpected visitors.

Still it's delicious. First I planned to use coconut flakes instead of almond slices, but no local grocery store offered some (and I mistakenly thought there were some left in my cupboard) and still I think it might have gotten too much coco if I used those.
On the photo the mango coco cream look much more fluent than it is in fact. Its texture reminded me of a really thick bechamel sauce.
Anyway this challenge caused an earworm I cannot get rid off at the moment, so you will find a really stupid video from the 90s below. This is the music my generation grew up with - terrible.




Banana Mango Cake with Mango Coco Cream

what you need:

1 roll flaky pastry
200ml coconut milk
300ml soy milk
3 1/2 tbsp corn starch
50g sugar (contains 2 pack vanilla sugar)
1 mango
1 banana
almond slices


cream:
coconut cream (I buy them at the local Asia store, canned)
mango puree
agave syrup

how to: 

1.
use a baking pan to prepare a cake base from the flaky pastry

2.
mix sugar and corn starch, add coconut and soy milk and slowly bring it to the boil, wait for it to thicken (don't forget to stir)

3.
cut small slices from banana and mango, place them onto the cake base, pour coconut mix over it; cover with almond slices and allow it to rest and cool down in the refrigerator for at least 1h

4.
mix coconut cream and mango puree, sweeten with agave syrup and decorate cake with it; enjoy!






Coco Jambo-Mr President - MyVideo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.