Montag, 1. Oktober 2012

Flattr me? Help Cows!


To me MoFo is not only about fun and food, it also is about awareness for vegan themes, animal rights and getting to know about animal welfare all around the world. During the last years I was very pleased to see how many MoFoers raised funds for their favourite organization and this year I want to be part of it.

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a group of people that decided to help cows that were destined to be sent to the slaughterhouse. A dairy farmer was about to close his farm and 26 cows were about to be sent to the slaughterhouse. A few people came together, founded "Kuhrettung Rhein-Berg" and finally persuaded the farmer not to have the cows killed, instead they proposed to open a small animal sanctuary - kind of a retirement home for cows and luckily he agreed. However: keeping cows cost lots of money every month.

By now they raised enough funds to make sure  that all of these cows can stay there for now, but still they need lots of money to make sure the financing is safe and they are especially in need of sponsorships. So: If you would love to sponsor a German cow please visit www.kuhrettung.de/ maybe you fall in love with one of the girls anyway (all the cows with an "!" still need sponsorships). Unfortunately this site is only in German, but I guess Google Translator will work perfectly well. If you have further questions you may ask them on their facebook site

I love ideas like this and even though I thought about supporting a larger organization at first, I realized that they need support and awareness more than any large association. If there is only one sponsorship that relies on my support I would be really glad!

If you cannot afford a whole sponsorship please note that all the funds I get via flattr this month will be sent to "Kuhrettung Rhein-Berg" to make sure that even the cows that do not have a full sponsorship by now can grow old! Personally I am not a big fan of people that collect money, but I think MoFo is a perfect opportunity to help vegan related associations all around the world and flattr makes it very easy to donate small sums. So: If you like one of my posts and want to give me a small "thank you" please use the flattr button. I don't care whether you flattr my blog or any specific post. I will pass on everything that reaches me during October, even though it is for one of my old posts!


You don't know flattr? Here is what it is about:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.