Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2012

Iron Chef Challenge #1 - Beetroots

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of beets. Every now and then I get a craving for beet carpaccio but that's it. 
Surprisingly I am quite fond of the beet coconut combination and as I had a whole bunch of beets left (this is what happens when your parents do not know what kind of chocolate to send you...) I thought about trying to make something savory at first. As I wasn't sure whether it would turn out well, I also tried a (mostly) raw tartlet with beet cream, but both things came out very tasty and so you get a bonus recipe:

Raw Beet Tartlets:




the color of the cream is absolutely stunning












Beets with Coconut Sauce, Basmati Rice and pan-fried Tempeh and Oyster Mushrooms:



Oh I love this combination!






I love my tempeh plain with a dash of salt but it worked perfectly well with the oyster mushrooms which add a meaty taste







Kommentare:

  1. wow die Rezepte sehen toll aus o:
    Schönen Sonntag Abend noch und alles alles Liebe,
    Nora ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. beet and i, we have a complicated relationship... :D always happy to find promising new recipes, i will try the the with coconut sauce during the next weeks. maybe this will bring us together again... ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I totally understand that, beet is not exactly my favourite vegetable ;)

      I hope you like at least this one! :)

      Löschen
  3. So excited to try the beet and coconut.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Eine Frage mal: Ich habe das mit der Iron Chef Challenge auch auf nem anderen Blog gelesen. Was genau ist das denn?
    LG, Momo

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. guck mal hier: http://www.veganmofo.com/iron-chef-challenge-1-2/

      Löschen
  5. Gorgeous dishes! I love the raw tartlet, I'm definitely giving that one a try soon!

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.