Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2012

The one with the book that taught me the necessity of politics - MoFo Book Challenge #17 - Watership Down by Richard Adams

Today's entry will be very short, as there is no real recipe but more a kind of idea and because today's book is one of the most famous in the world. In fact it also was the first English book I read, as I got it as a present from my father's American colleague and I read it several times, in English as well as in German. Again this is one of the books that grows with you. When I read it for the first time I must have been about 7 years old and back then I mainly understood that it was a story about rabbits and their way and struggle into freedom. When I grew older I realized that there also was a political element to it and that one has to read this book as a parable onto world politics and political ideas in general.
Even though this book is one of the classic novels when it comes to literature for children I personally think that it also has a lot to offer for adult readers.







For this book I created a simple dish that would make a perfect side dish: Swedish Style Carrots with Parsley&Almond Pesto


There is no real recipe for it, because it is way to simple to write it down: I cut the carrots like Swedish potatoes, greased them with oil and sprinkled salt on top. Then I baked them for 15min at 180°C.

For the pesto I took 1 bunch of parsley, chopped it and added ~70g of almonds,  a few spoons of olive oil and added ~ 1/2 tsp salt. This might sound very simple but it was still very delightful. If you like you may also add pepper or lemon juice, but I felt I did not need it. 

Kommentare:

  1. Watership Down is such a great book but it always makes me cry! I love how you presented your carrots, they look fantastic.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. thank you!
      I love when book make me cry, sounds strange but I am always fascinated how fictitious characters can affect me in that way.

      Löschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.